If you’re looking for a watch with a classic design that you can wear casually or formally without breaking the bank then look towards the Timex Easy Reader. I usually opt for the Weekender but this Easy Reader has a higher quality stock band and is still incredibly affordable.
I would suggest a custom band if you plan to use this as your daily driver watch. Warning though, if loud ticking bothers you then you might want to stay away from Timex.
You can find them for under $40 on amazon here.
Timex Men’s Easy Reader Leather Strap 38mm Specs:
- Adjustable brown 20 millimetre genuine leather strap fits up to 8-inch wrist circumference
- Cream easy-to-read dial with date window at 3 o’clock; full Arabic numerals
- Gold-tone 38 millimetre brass case with mineral glass crystal
- Indiglo light-up watch dial
- Water resistant to 30m (100ft): in general, withstands splashes or brief immersion in water, but not suitable for swimming or bathing